9 Simple Ways to Redesign Your Office
You work in your office every day—but is your office really working for you? As the calendar year draws to a close, it’s a good time to reevaluate your productivity levels, personal wellbeing and office culture, and make adjustments where necessary.
A key component to boosting productivity, impacting culture and improving wellbeing includes redesigning your workplace. Your space matters, and has a direct impact on employee engagement, how you move through your day and how you’re able to collaborate with others. Would the simple addition of a new table encourage more team meetings? Or would the installation of a phone booth could cut down on distractions for others?
Remember that updating your workplace doesn’t have to involve a full renovation.
Here are 9 quick ways to redesign your office space without all the dust:
- Apply a New Coat of Paint Refresh your space with a new coat of paint to put your company’s personality on display. Use accent accent colors on feature walls to tie in with branding.
- Include Your Brand Revitalize your company branding with modernized graphics. Make sure your logo is displayed somewhere prominent, tying colors together within the space and signaling who you are to clients and guests.
- Upgrade Light Fixtures Replace old decorative light pendants with contemporary fixtures. Pendants make a great focal point in a space, especially over large tables.
Campfire Big Table with cafe-height Shortcut X Base Stools combine to create a collaboration space perfect for impromptu small group meetings.
- Keep It Fresh and Bold Incorporate freestanding or mobile collaborative furniture. Brighter colors, textures, fabrics and prints liven the workplace. The new look will energize your team and signal to new talent that you’re serious about creating a culture of fun and whimsy.
Bivi Rumble Seat, available in bold colors, provides soft comfort in lounge spaces. Also pictured, Bassline Occasional Table with custom top attached to base.
- Invest in Latest Technology Keep up to date with new presentation tools, software and new means of collaboration through technology. Not only does this make sharing information easier, your team will enjoy the kind of business agility that impacts the bottom line.
- Create Private Zones If visual privacy in conference rooms is an issue, apply graphic films on the glass walls to create an opaque appearance. For open office areas, add free-standing, privacy screens to create space definition and limit distractions.
Create on-demand privacy in the office with user-deployable Clipper Screens. Include comfortable lounge furniture like Campfire Pouf and Bivi Rumble Seat for modern seating options.
- Reinvent Flooring If carpet sprawls across much of your space, updating it can make a great impact on rejuvenating your office. Be sure to balance your color selection of grays and bright accent colors to liven and define spaces, or consider polished cement or wood floors for an updated, urban feel.
- Add Collaborative Tools Include tools such as back-painted glass as marker boards and mobile screens to encourage collaboration. Make sure that you also provide working markers and erasers so that brainstorming isn’t stymied.
- Let There Be Light Evaluate your lighting. Lighting affects productivity and enhances the architecture of the space. Inadequate lighting and glare can hurt your staff and reduce productivity. Don’t forget to also evaluate your ambient lighting to see if you have the right lamps, and add task lighting as you see fit.
Brighten office spaces with Campfire Big Lamp that emits significant light for all types of work. Add Campfire Half Lounges and Campfire Slim Tables to create individual work zones.
Does your office need a revamp to inspire your employees to do their best work? Contact our experienced design planners to discuss how to make your ideas come to life!